At NRL Mortgage, reliable service, trust, and ensuring your privacy and confidence are our highest priorities. That's why we welcome this opportunity to provide you with our privacy policies while using our website and other media, the ways we work to protect and maintain your information and to let you know what information is collected and how it is used.
California residents: We are required by the California Financial Information Privacy Act to provide you this notice annually. We will so send you additional notices each year that inform you about your privacy rights under federal law.
Because of the financial nature of our business, our websites and other social media are not designed to appeal to anyone under the age of 18. Therefore, we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information those under the age of 18.
We collect public personal information about you, including:
- Information we receive from you on applications, surveys, online registrations or other forms (such as your name, address, assets, income, and debt)
- Information about your transactions with us and or others (such as account balance, transaction history or information about our communications with you)
- Information about your creditworthiness, credit history and other facts about you that we obtain from consumer reporting agencies or from providers of marketing and demographic information
- Information from other outside sources regarding their employment, credit or other relationship with you or verifying representations made by you, such as your employment history, loan balances or your property insurance coverage
Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Your Information
Keeping financial information confidential is very important to all of us at NRL Mortgage. Only those persons who need it to perform their job responsibilities are authorized to access your information. We take a number of reasonable precautions to protect your information and limit disclosure by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with State and Federal Law.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may disclose some or all of the information that we collect with other organizations such as financial service providers/mortgage insurance companies.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We have established reasonable procedures designed to ensure that your personal information is as accurate and complete as possible. If you believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us by calling 1-800-NRL-NICE or sending a written inquiry to us at NRL Mortgage, Attention: Compliance Department, 4400 Post Oak Parkway, Suite 1000, Houston, TX 77027. We will take the necessary steps to investigate your concerns and correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Prior NRL Customers
If you pay off your account with NRL Mortgage, your account is later sold to a third party investor or you, in some other manner, become a former customer, we will continue to treat and safeguard your information as described in this notice.
Cookies and Other Technical Information
We may send "cookies" to your computer primarily to enhance your online experience. "Cookies" are files that can identify you as a unique customer and store your personal preferences as well as technical information (including click through and click stream data). Cookies can either be permanent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). We may also use tracking systems such as "Web beacons," which monitor your use of our Web sites. Tracking systems (Web beacons or Web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the Web beacon appears, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the Web beacon appears, the time the page containing the Web beacon was viewed, the types of browser that fetched the Web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, Web beacons let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
On their own, cookies or Web beacons do not contain or reveal any personally identifiable information. However, if you choose to furnish one of our Web sites with personally identifiable information, this information can be linked to the data stored in the cookies/Web beacons.
A message for all NRL Mortgage customers and business partners: As part of our ongoing efforts to strengthen security and to protect sensitive information, we have an email system that provides a convenient method for you to receive and reply to emails, while continuing to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of all users.
Agreement to Policy
By using our website, social media, third party site or interact with NRL Mortgage, you consent to this Policy, including your consent to our use and disclosure of information about you in the manner described in this Policy.
If we make updates to this Policy, we will update the Policy with the changes and revise the "date of most recent update" posted at the top of this Policy. Any updates to the Policy become effective when we post the updates on the Site. Your use of the Site following the update to the Policy means that you accept the updated Policy.
Social Media Policy
Welcome. We are glad you want to join the conversation, share your experiences, suggest improvements, and connect.
We ask that you follow these guidelines when engaging with us through one of our social media platforms:
- Confidential Information: Please do not provide any of your specific account details, personal or confidential information. For service-related questions or concerns please call 800-675-6423, email us or visit our website
- Stay on Topic: Only post comments that are relevant to the topic of the post or the purpose of the page. Comments focused on selling a product or service, or posts that attempt to drive traffic to a particular website for personal or monetary gain will be removed.
- Be Respectful: If you disagree with the content, we would like to hear from you, but abusive, unproductive, offensive or unlawful comments or rants will be removed.
- Comments on threatened or actual litigation: Please do not comment on threatened or actual litigation, or disputes between you and any other person or entity. If you have concerns about an issue, contact NRL directly.
- NRL Mortgage Employees: Please state your employment with NRL in any comments and posts, as we want to ensure full disclosure. We welcome employee engagement but do not endorse posts or comments that that are not from authorized Public Relations representatives of NRL.
- Copyright Infringement: If you believe in good faith that NRL social continent infringes on your copyright, you (or your agent) may send NRL a notice requesting that we remove the material or block asses to it.
- Disclaimers: Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube are owned by third parties and are not affiliated with NRL. NRL is not responsible for the privacy or security policies of these sites or other third party sites that may be associated with them. NRL does not endorse and is not responsible for any ads, content, products, advice, opinions, recommendations nor other material from third-party sites that may appear via advertising within Social Media platforms.
NRL reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at it sole discretion.